We are looking for a passionate and talented Software Engineer, preferably with Python experience. This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills across multiple industries and technologies.
You will hit the ground running going straight into adding functionality and refining development of one of our existing software platforms. We also have many new exciting software/firmware projects in the pipeline so your skills will be developed and put to good use.
You will be highly motivated, have excellent initiative, be able to see a project through from beginning to end — seeing the problems you are solving in context of the desired business outcomes. In addition you will thrive on all things tech, love a good technical challenge and be either already engaged on the startup space or looking to become involved.
- You must be comfortable working in a small team in a fast paced and agile environment.
- You have an aptitude for complex and abstract reasoning.
- You are passionate about developing high quality products
- You love a technical challenge.
- You are a fast learner and get bored if you don’t frequently learn new things.
- You are interested in the entire software stack
- You understand the importance of and are willing to refactor frequently as opportunities for improvements to code are observed
- You prefer working on Unix-like systems.
- Minimum 2 years experience (ideally in a similar role)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science of equivalent
- Python expertise
Nice to have
- Understanding of or experience in a hardware manufacturing company
- Real-time firmware/software programming experience
About EdgeGroup Incubator
We are an award-winning, internationally recognised design, development and manufacturing team, using our skills to found EdgeGroup Incubator. As such we are a tech startup who has done this before. We believe in process and scaling. We encourage work-life balance and are located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Please note this role is only open to applicants with the right to work in Australia. It is a full-time position, located on-site at our Belrose NSW (Australia) offices.